Monday, April 11, 2011

A busy day!!

This past Saturday we had a busy day!! We were already invited to a birthday party for Missy's twins and then we were hosting a party at our house for some family! AND THEN....Savanna's mom asked us to go to an Egg Hunt at Savanna's school early Saturday morning! I was really hesitant for several reasons....but trying to be a comprising step-mother...I agreed to go to the Egg Hunt, but a little later in the morning! Savanna still needs a good, long nap in the afternoon so I didn't want to get going (wake up early on a Saturday) too early...she would tire out too quickly. Anyways, JC, me, and Savanna went to Egg Hunt, but we never heard from her mom! Oh well....I enjoyed it better that way! (note--I am remaining calm in this post...and I'm not really surprised she couldn't make it)!

Savanna got to see lots of her teachers from school, jump in the bouncy, make crafts, and ride a pony!! I know it was fun for her....but we really had a lot of other things to do already (that's where the frustration sets in)!!


After the Egg Hunt (not sure why I keep capitalizing that), we went over the Missy's for a short time for a birthday party!! Since we were experiencing record highs (sure felt like it), Missy had a pool for the kids to play in.....and Savanna LOVED it! We didn't get to stay long, but I'm glad we got to go! Those are the moments when you realize how fast time is passing...celebrating first birthdays when there seems no possible way an entire year has passed! Oh and I must say how much more fun it is to go the kids' parties, when you have a kid!! Glad I got to fit in...having a step-daughter and all!!



Finally, the last thing for the day was a party at our house for JC's sister Andrea and her new husband, Lonnie! We were also celebrating JC's sister Missy, her husband, and kids who arrived from Dubai last week for the wedding! All of the kids got to play and everyone had a relaxing time!



AND NOW I'M EXHAUSTED!!!! It's funny that I look forward to the work week to get some sleep....but I guess until the wedding this is how it will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment