Monday, March 26, 2012

A Whirlwind!

Over the last few years, when I met with friends for bible study and prayer, I was led to a new conclusion about coincidence!!

The dictionary defines coincidence as a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance! Okay...now add GOD to the mix!!

Can you really just believe that something happened by "mere chance." That two people meet, you find that lost money you've been searching for, you get all green lights when you are rushing, a rainbow, ...and the list goes on and on! For most of my life I have attributed these things to just "chance" not God!!

However, as I began praying, studying, and working on my relationship with God, I have started to see these "mere chances" as HIM. He is working to remind me that He is with me and hearing me!

As JC and I prepared to get married, one of our unfinished tasks was deciding what church or denomination we would raise our family in. I have been Catholic all of my life and attended Catholic school. JC was raised protestant and has been attending Baptist church!! So...we have not been quite sure what we wanted to do! Well, once Savanna came to live with us full time, we began to explore this topic even further! We have pretty much at this point found ourselves fitting into the Catholic church...AND studying God's word in our home as well! For some reason us Catholics are not as brushed up on our bible stories as those protestants are!!

So each night we read a bible story out of "My First Study Bible" and then we read devotions for preschoolers! We do this right at the dinner table as soon as we finish eating!!

NOW...listen to this. Just this last week, we read the story about Elijah and Elisha. In order to strengthen Elisha's belief in God and his confidence in God's word, God sent a Chariot of Fire to carry Elijah back to Heaven in a Whirlwind...all so Elisha could witness this! After we finished reading our story, Savanna got her bath and I cleaned up the kitchen. JC and I sat down to watch Jeopardy, which we had recorded earlier, perhaps during dinner!

And as we watched...the answer appeared on the TV, "this carried Elijah up to Heaven on his Chariot of Fire"(something like that)...AND as we both answered "A Whirlwind!" we looked at each other and smiled!! Well, I was more freaking out and JC was just smiling because he knew what I was thinking!!

And in that moment, I told him....that was not just coincidence! That was God and He thinks we are doing a good job!

1 comment:

  1. First of all, your step-daughter is precious! I have no idea if you plan to have more children but if you do, please don't circumcise your baby boys. My oldest child almost died after a circumcision gone wrong. Circ is not medically necessary and can cause many problems, including death in some cases. Please research the pros and cons of both intactness and circumcision. The US shouldn't allow non-medical genital alteration of minors of girls or boys. Happy New Year to you!
    http://www.savingsons.org/
    http://aberfamilyblog.blogspot.com/p/circumcision.html
    http://udonet.com/circumcision/christian.html

    ReplyDelete