Friday, June 24, 2011

It's All in the CAKE!!!

I will never forget the most wonderful surprise that my husband prepared for me....at my wedding reception!!!!! (I haven't talked about what he gave me for my wedding gift!! I'll save that for another post)!!

So the surprise.....we had talked about what we wanted to do for our honeymoon all the way from Europe to the Caribbean to Dubai...just a wide range of things!! One thing we knew was that we wanted to be rested before we did anything and that we wanted some time on the front end and the back end of our honeymoon!

One day when we were talking, he suggested letting the destination be a surprise!!! Well, right away I LOVED that idea!! The not knowing and being surprised sounded AWESOME! In fact...all the way to our wedding it was one of the things I was most excited about!! Well then, I kept asking him about the groom's cake and what he wanted and finally he told me he had taken care of it!! What??? YES!! He had ordered the groom's cake and I did not know what it would be! At first the thought of it revealing the honeymoon never occurred to me...but then it kind of did!!!

Now....the cake was delivered to the reception site which is where us girls were getting ready! JC had to give specific instructions to all of the vendors that NO ONE was to see the cake. It was covered up in a box!!

After we did our wedding cake stuff...it was time for me to open the cake!!! Our photographer caught me grabbing JC and kissing him, so I'll post that picture when I get it!! But here is what I have for now.

(Practicing my picture size)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just wait...the best part...the cake flavor was Little Debbie "Fudge Round"....it was SOOOO good!!!

Notice the girl penguins pink luggage and blonde hair!!
Photobucket

What an amazing man I have!!!!! How much thought and ideas he put into the cake! Well not only the cake but the HONEYMOON!!! 7 nights in a millionaire suite with butler service on the beautiful island of St. Lucia. Really.....what more could I want (TO GO BACK)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment