Monday, June 6, 2011

Looking Back at.....

WEDDING DRESSES!!!

Now...just because I am showing these pictures doesn't mean that any of us can say..."Oh that one would have looked better!!" In fact, shortly after I purchased my dress, I had to even quit watching "Say Yes to the Dress" because I kept wishing I had looked some more!! The fact is that the show is over, gone, and never happening again!! I LOVED how my dress looked and felt and mostly my pictures were awesome!!!

But...for laughs and memories, I have these pictures and I LOVE that!! I can look back years from now and show my kids the few options I had for......WEDDING DRESSES!!!!

Here we go!!

I only tried on 3 dresses and I obviously chose (those who were at the wedding and who really even cared what my dress looked like, beyond being white and strapless) the 3rd one!!

NUMBER 1...for a moment my mom and I were sure that this was the one...She loved it....and I was happy it zipped!!! But suddenly I realized I couldn't breathe and my "chest" was being quite smooshed into my chin. Not to mention the gallons of sweat that had just taken over the underneath of my dress!! Thank goodness we tried on a few more!!



Number 2...I was really a fan of this dress!!! I Loved it!! It had a sash and I loved that too!! But I was not sure about the halter style with my large "chest" and so while I kept contemplating it, suddenly, my mom said out loud.."makes me think of a cupcake!" We moved on to another option!!



Number 3...As soon as I put this dress on I loved it!!! I even made the lady take off all of the extra slips and poofs from underneath! I could breathe again, not quite as hot, and I felt a sense of "sophisticated elegance!" I just knew it was right!! And as I said before, no offense to my friends, most of what I remember about any wedding dress is that it is white, usually strapless, and well, that's about it!!! So it's okay if you don't remember mine....the biggest thing was that it was chiffon...and I never imagined choosing that but it was so light and flowing!!


I was very lucky that my mom came with me!! I just wanted me and her to go and be relaxed!! She actually bought my dress and veils!! Oh the veils..they cost as much as my dress...but I wanted lace and lace I got!! A side note about mom's dress!!! She is just holding a random dress in this picture, but she had actually bought a very expensive suit/dress from Belk. I happened to be in Ross in Auburn one day (during a conference) and found a hot pink dress and shell that cost $30! She returned her very expensive suit and looked ABSOLUTELY wonderful at my wedding! Hopefully I'll have wedding pictures soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment