Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mardi Gras 2012

Mardi Gras festivities are still going strong and have been just as busy this year as any other year. Especially now that we have Savanna full time we had to make a few special arrangements.

Here is our sweet little family!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

However, one huge advantage of having Savanna this year meant that for the first time she was able to see JC on his float. I know that JC has always wanted her to see him on his float but it has just been too complicated in the past to bother arranging. But...this year, Mamzy agreed to bring Savanna down to the parade and then stay the night at our house with her.
Photobucket

Savanna had a fabulous time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some details..my ball was first, on Valentine's Day actually! Our theme was Jungle Love...hence to costumes!! Mom and I rode together and had a great night!
Photobucket

Me and my handsome hubby!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Next was JC's ball. First we waited to see him and catch all kinds of goodies. Then we (me, mom, Savanna and some other dates) waited for the parade to pass. After it was over, Mamzy and Savanna went home and I went into the ball.

One tradition my husband started when we were first dating was to throw me a stuffed a penguin from the float.....this year he added a baby one for Savanna!!
Photobucket

Of course...she wants my Penguin!!! (He's hidden for now until I add him to my collection at school)!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment