Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mardi Gras

Oh what fun we had. It turned out to be a long and busy week....but we had a great time!! We started with my ball on Tuesday night (a week before Fat Tuesday). I was in costume and he wore tails.....how handsome is he!! Then we had his ball on Thursday night and vice versa with the costume, except I wore a formal. Now the thing about these balls is that they are exhausting. Each night begins first with a parade around 6:30pm. A two hour long ride of throwing moon pies, beads, teddy bears, peanuts and any other items people will pick up from the ground. Then the ball begins at around 9:00pm with a "show" and then continues into the late night hours, 2:00am with dancing, eating, and drinking. It's a lot!! So by the time we got to Saturday night, my dad's ball, we were quite exhausted. But my best friends from Birmingham had come down and that made it all the much better!!!

1 comment: