Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures!

Awwww....to think of the things that make me happy...and are very simple!!!

1. Making my bed every morning! I love to make my bed, mainly because I LOVE to get in it at night when it has been made.

2. A full tank of gas!! With money the way it is now-a-days, I just love when my tank is full!

3. Laundry! I know that one sounds crazy...and perhaps will end shortly, but I enjoy doing laundry. For three years while I was in graduate school, I had to carry my laundry up and down three flights of stairs....and I had to use quarter machines!! I hated every minute of laundry day. So now, I love having my machines (graduation gift from my dad) right inside!!! Awww!

4. An organized grocery list! I have just about mastered making my list in order of the store from back to front! Yes, this means that perhaps I have memorized Wal-mart much too well...but my shopping experience is way more tolerable. Milk is usually the first item on the list and bread is the last on the list. Oh how I love this method!

5. Saying "I Love You!" Every time I talk to my loved ones, we always say "I love you!" Mostly at my mom's house. I also love that my baby brother (21) will not leave my mom's until she responds back to him...and he hears her!

6. Driving on a beautiful day!! It's funny how I may make the same trip over and over and never even notice the beauty. And then one day I stop and think, "WOW...thank you God for letting me enjoy this moment!"

7. Sweet Tea! Ohhhh goodness, I have got to stop! I was strictly a crystal light consumer in the house and sweet tea when I went out....BUT, now that the "Love" in my life likes sweet tea so much...I have respectfully taken up drinking it with him!!!

I'm sure there are many more simple things that I enjoy...but for now this is it!!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I have been writing my grocery list based off of the grocery store layout as well - it helps so much! you never back track from what your list says! I hope you have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete