Monday, May 17, 2010

Birmingham Weekend!!

I love that JC is such a trooper!! He spent his entire weekend with me and my friends (his now) in Birmingham...from where he had to fly out on Sunday afternoon for work on Monday!! I love him and his "get along with everyone" personality! I think we compliment each other well!




The Weekend.....we headed up on Friday for a wedding and stayed with my best friend Shelley and her husband Jim. We had such a great time being with them. I have always dreamed of having those friendships as couples....it was perfect.
The wedding was Josh and Meghan's. The story of Meghan and Josh meeting is one worth being told. You see....Meghan and I were college roommates during undergrad from 1999-2001 at Auburn University. Shelley (best friend) and I were in the same undergrad program in special education. Shelley and Meghan did not know each other. Shelley and I were "school friends" in that we didn't really hang out together. SO....I graduated in 2001 and moved back to Mobile losing touch with both Shelley and Meghan.
NOW...fast forward to 2006. I went back to Auburn to get my PhD in special education and guess who showed up to do the exact same thing at the exact same time???? Shelley!! So there we were.....and of course created the most awesome friendship....so much that she will (one day) be my matron of honor at my wedding! Now Shelley had just started dating a guy(now married), JIM, who lived in Birmingham with his roommate and best friend since childhood, JOSH!!

Meghan....I ran into Meghan's mom at a football game in Auburn one weekend and a few weeks later met up with Meghan in the exact same spot!! We started talking and hanging out every now and then.One weekend we (Shelley and I) were in Birmingham to celebrate my 29th birthday (2008). Since we were in Birmingham, I decided to invite Meghan. AND....she met Josh and a week later Josh called her to set up a date!!!

They got MARRIED Saturday! (2010)

The Baileys (Jim's Brother and his family).
Richard and Marcel have the most wonderful girls ever!!! I have gotten to know them by spending weekends at Lake Martin with all of them. We have already made plans for JC, Savanna, and I to go up this summer!!

1 comment: