Monday, March 15, 2010

DIRTY CLOTHES

So....I think this is kind of a funny....almost made me mad story!!! I haven't mentioned it on here, but one thing about me (that I have recently learned) is that I really do not like to have any dirty clothes in the house. I don't mind doing small loads, so that there is never any "pile-up!" I'd rather be ahead of the game than behind it!!

Anyways...since JC and I have been dating, after a month or so, I took up the laundry! I do both of our stuff constantly so that we are ahead of the game. When I was growing up, I always appreciated that I could wear the same night gown every single night. Mom was on top of our clothes....we usually had a pile sitting on our bed when we got home from school. Well, this weekend JC's daughter, Savanna (2.6 years), was with us. So of course this means extra towels, pajamas, play clothes, leave the house clothes, kitchen stuff, and on and on!!! Soooo....there I was...doing the laundry. I wanted to keep things neat!!

OKAY...here comes the part of the "almost made me mad" story....

JC has told me before how much he loves that I keep the laundry done. He said he likes that I do the laundry and stay on top of it....so Sunday evening (note: one final load of laundry is in the dryer) Savanna had some messy pants and to avoid making a mess, JC usually grabs a towel out of the hamper to put under her!! GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?????

There were no towels in the hamper...no clothes at all. He comes out to the living room and says to me "Seriously, there are no dirty towels anywhere??" AND with that I was expecting a "That is Awesome!!!"...but he seemed kind of aggravated! SO....the steam began to float from my ears....actually my feelings were a little hurt...I was working hard to avoid full hampers!!! So I just got quiet for a while....and when I brought in the next load to fold I told him that "Comments like that may result in full hampers all the time!!!"

He apologized and didn't mean it to sound ugly...he just was like "Really, NO dirty towels!!!" Maybe I surprised him!!! Oh well...life goes on and we decided to just leave a towel in Savanna's room for the entire weekend from now on when she comes over!!!!

Oh men....I'm needing to learn from my married friends!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment I deleted was from me! I am a ding dong and hit post twice....Sorry bout that
    xoxo
    Summer:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny- Men can be so aggrivating (I bet they would say the same about us too)! See you soon!
    PS- Are JC and Savannah coming to MawMaw's 90th with you?

    ReplyDelete