Thursday, March 25, 2010

Passion in My Career

Oh my....where has it gone?????


I used to LOVE my job! Absolutely LOVE IT! Every day, every minute, every child and person (usually) that I encountered! I was a TEACHER...the job I always wanted!! But silly me decided to further my education and go get my PhD! Now don't think that I regret one minute of that accomplishment...it's my biggest one by far! I am very proud of what I learned and the level of education I reached. HOWEVER, with that degree has come, what I feel are, responsibilities to work at a higher level than in the classroom. I can reach more kids by not being in a classroom of 10 all day long. I am supposed to reach them through research and instruction....but honestly, it's not near as rewarding! Maybe that sounds selfish, but I am losing my passion for my career at this point!
The other night, JC and I were watching the show about Temple Grandin, a woman with Autism and I just starting talking like crazy! I was telling JC all of the things I used to do with my students and how I would teach teachers to work with them.....I couldn't stop talking AND he was listening to every word! I'm not sure he has seen that passion in me towards my career since he met me! It was so amazing. I told a co-worker today at work that "I sounded like ME!" Like the me that longs to improve lives! I know that God is using me in this position for a purpose and so I am here...at a University....researching, writing, developing, meeting, and just trying to find solutions!!! It's hard...but I'm here and thankful for the job and opportunities!!

BUT GOOD GOSH....can I tell you how much I miss it...teaching, challenging, revealing, loving, and empowering!!! JC wants me to write a book....about all the things I did and learned...he wants me to inspire others. Sooooo....that sits in my mind everyday.....sooooo....just maybe!


1 comment:

  1. you should write a book, Steph!!! whatever, whatever title by Dr. Stephanie Zito!!!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete