Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Mom!

After I saw this picture of my mom (she went to New Orleans for the St. Patrick's Day Parade), I just had to write a little bit about how much I love her!!! I already wrote one post about her survival story...but this one is just a little bit more about how we "change" our relationship for the better.

You see....up until I met JC (November), my Mom was my absolute best friend!! We did everything together! Shopping, dinners, couch time, cooking, events....everything! She had my "free time." But now...JC has it! Almost all of it. I just enjoy being around him all of the time and therefore, I have had less time for my mom!! Thing is that it's kind of bitter sweet because there are so many things that my mom wants for me...including love, family, happiness, security, laughter, and all the things he gives to me! (And you better believe she can't wait for grand babies...after a marriage of course). BUT....that means, less time with her! Don't get me wrong now...I still talk to her every day and we see each other at least once a week...but it's just different. JC is becoming my "new" best friend, while my mom is becoming more of, well, "my mom!"
I'm learning to find a balance between who I stand by or who I believe first or who I side with....it's kind of like a competition!!! I'm am NOT liking this!!! But there are a few things that I know for certain:

1. The love I feel for my mom will never change! She is my hero....my perfect person! (Mom was "Zero Hero" on the 100th day of school)!
2. My relationship with my boyfriend (hopefully husband one day) is where most of my attention will be and should be!
3. "Life's About Changing, Nothing Ever Stays the Same." Patty Loveless
So I'm eager to see what happens!

I Love You Mom!!!
I Love You JC!!!

Oh crap....I said "I Love You" to mom first.....will this feeling ever go away?????

4. God is in control!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:

Post a Comment