Monday, August 30, 2010

Reminders

I know it has been pretty long since I did a blog and I don't really know why. My fiance has been traveling for the last three weeks but I just never managed to get something up here! Everything has been going quite smoothly in my life...with the exception of wedding plans and personal satisfaction with my job....I'd say two pretty big areas! Well, actually everything is moving along quite well with wedding plans. We are going today to finalize our "Save-the-Dates" and that means the guest list is just about complete! But I have been struggling with my job lately. I do not find it very rewarding at this moment. I pray everyday for God to show me his plan and to let me know what it is I should be doing to make this job more fulfilling. AND....so I wait....wait for His response! A lady in my bible study thinks God may have me in a rest period...getting ready for something different!! So I am trying to enjoy!

But the reason I titled this blog "Reminders" is that sometimes....when I'm feeling down or overwhelmed by work or life...I have to remind myself how great things really are!! That in the midst of me not finding my job satisfying, God has blessed me so much in other areas. AND...if I keep my faith in Him, I should know that I am in my job for certain reasons for which he will reveal to me in His time.

So here are REMINDERS:


I have LOVE....I give love and I receive love. And not just for (and from) my "penguin" but for many friends and family members.

I have EDUCATION....it might not be working at it's greatest PhD potential right now, but I have it and it will always define my career path.

I have LAUGHTER....(not at work so much) I have always been a happy girl and I can still find her most of the time. People make me laugh and everyday I am trying to remind myself how important my laughter can be for other people.

I have DREAMS.....sometimes at night or in the early morning...my fiance and I just talk...talk about all the things we dream for our life together...family, business, fun....everything. I enjoy that we can imagine the future without losing the importance of today.

I have LIFE....a life that is only here on this earth for a short time...and it is my job to "make the most of it." I am learning to ask God how I can best serve Him in this life. I sometimes get frightened at the thought that I can never get back any moment that has passed. It's gone and all I can do is hope that I have done the best I can.

So...while I worry (which I try not to do) about things like wedding planning or having the "dream job"...I think...Really?? That's the best you've got??? What about everything else...all the perfect things that are in your life....really??

Every now and then we need to STOP....think about it....and get back to the bright side! I LOVE my life...for the most part...it's awesome, amazing, and beyond my wildest dreams (if I STOP and think about it)!!!

So ADIOS to those imperfections (isn't everything from God perfect?) that I complain about and HELLO to this one life!

No comments:

Post a Comment