Monday, August 2, 2010

Our "first" Family Vacation

JC and I have taken several trips together...but this was our first adventure with Savanna. We headed up to a cabin in The Smoky Mountains and stayed with both of my brothers and their girlfriends. We stayed in a 3 bedroom cabin overlooking (I mean just about hanging on the side of) the beautiful mountains. We did lots of activities (shopping in Downtown Gatlinburg, Dixie Stampede, Ober Gatlinburg, Ripley's Aquarium, and eating)...so here I go trying to capture the entire trip in this post!!

The car ride was pleasant....can anyone say "Barbie Movie?" We have a DVD in the car but we brought the portable one so that Savanna could enjoy her movies by herself.
The view from our cabin!

Downtown Gatlinburg
(the buggy man)(Savanna had just knocked me in the head...ouch)
(Making a wish)
(Taking a Break)

Photo Session in the National Park
(you know I couldn't resist making people pose for pictures...I just wasn't thrilled about "me" in any of them)

Dixie Stampede
(A dinner show...my favorite. A few pictures of us before we left and then after we got there)

Ober Gatlinburg
(in the winter this place is a ski resort...but during the summer they have other activities to keep the guests entertained....bear exhibit, ice skating, carousel, arcade...and of course we rode the Tram up and down the mountain)
The Aquarium
(we had to see the penguins and we got to watch them eat)

Lots of Mountains
(on our last night JC, Savanna, and I drove into town for some ice cream...we took the scenic route)

No comments:

Post a Comment