Thursday, October 7, 2010

Family Project (haha)

Our kitchen table chairs have needed a long overdue "makeover." The seat cushions were white and were filthy! It was almost embarrassing to let people sit on them. I really didn't care too much though because with an ALL INDEPENDENT 3 year old feeding herself home cooked meals such as chili, spaghetti, roast, and a few desserts here and there.....the dirty chair covers made me relax over spills and such! BUT...the time had come!!!


Have you ever covered chair cushions before?!?! Well we both (JC and I) admitted to each other that we had....we both felt very confident in our ability to do this task!!! Well I sure hate to know what the final product of our past adventures looked like because LET ME TELL YOU.....neither one of us had our "Martha Stewart" skills showing! And corners.....just forget the corners!!

As we got started on the seats....we both of course thought each of our methods was the best....so the deal was....He did 3 and I did 3 and then we pushed them under the table!



I think they turned out pretty good....they definitely look better than before....AND

We still love each other!

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up because way before I was pregnant with Kelcee his mom gave us Greg's Grandmother's dining table and chairs and they are beautiful and antique the covers on the chairs were a bit ok alot old fashioned so the hubs and I found the perfect fabric to match our table cloth and um of course we both had a certain way to do it....LOL so he did 3 and I did 3 and I used way more staples LOL....but it was done and looked great and we still love each other and then a couple years later they are in our garage since I made the dining room into Kelcee's playroom LOL....

    I love what yall did, great job and I love the fabric you used!! I think you did great on the corners....those are the hardest part geezy peezy it seemed like when you did the corners the fabric would try to wrinkle and crinkle blech....

    OK so I am loving your halloween bloogy look and the ghost makes me do my dorky ghost noise I do throughout the month of October and now I have Kelcee doing it....kinda goes Ooooooooooooooooh Oooooooooooooooh you are so lucky you can't hear me LOL....

    love ya
    SUmmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, we soooo need to do this to our dining room set...maybe you have given me some inspriation...maybe :-)

    ReplyDelete