Wednesday, October 27, 2010

How Many Things Can YOU Fit Into One Day?!?!

Can I just say that planning my "Wedding Day Itinerary" is kind of making me nauseous! No wonder girls get all worked up just before the big day. I am trying to fit like 24 hours of things to do into a 8-10 hour time frame! This is crazy.....or at least it makes me feel that way! The worst part of it all is telling the people who have to adhere to this crazy "agenda" about where they need to be and what they need to be doing! Even I don't want to be dressed 4 hours before my wedding!



I honestly would not be so anal about this itinerary if it weren't for the fact that ALL of the vendors need to know where to be at certain times (photographer, caterer, trolley driver, hair/make-up dresser, and on and on)! I would just want everyone to use common sense and SHOW UP. BUT....because it is necessary....it has forced me to create a time line for the BIGGEST day of my life. An hour by hour play of how everything will happen....perhaps I should list EVERY detail..not to embarrass our mothers but just so that we don't miss it (wink, wink...don't worry--we won't)! Ugghhh....can you feel the frustration already??!? The ONLY bright side to having this itinerary is that it will be DONE! Times will be listed, assigned, and folks will know where to be and when...EVEN ME!

I guess one of the main reasons I am searching for time is because JC and I are not seeing each other before the wedding! He will see me when the church doors open and the trumpet sounds (did you get goose bumps...that's what I'm hoping for on that day)! Anyways....us not seeing each other means that we have a great deal of pictures to take after the ceremony...before the reception. I HATE the idea of keeping our guest waiting....but we are letting them eat, drink, and enjoy the reception before we get there!....

However, this brings me back to the tight schedule that I am trying to design.....how do we take all the US/Wedding Party/Family (with both of us) pictures in about a 30-45 minute time frame?? I'm not sure there is an answer....all I can offer is a cooler full of beer and wine! Hopefully that will take some of the edge off! (AND I am meeting with our photographer next weekend when we take our engagements photos!!)

I know this is just part of the stress that has to be placed on the bride....and everyone says "People will do what you tell them..this is your day!" So be it I guess.....I know I'm not waking up til 8:01 AM on that day.....Well, at least that's what the ITINERARY says!!



Much Love,

The Future
Dr. Stephanie Zito Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment