Friday, October 1, 2010

Crock Pot Jambalaya

Here is an AWESOME....super easy recipe!! I love jambalaya!! I was born in Louisiana but did not live there long enough to find my inner Cajun (or so I thought)!! My dad is totally an Italian food lover (hence my last name)....but I am a sucker for spice!! I LOVE it!!

Now having mentioned spice....this jambalaya was not too spicy at all....in fact I didn't add quite all the red pepper it called for. I'd rather season when I eat with Tabasco. So it is a totally family safe recipe!!

Here you go!! Note the last 5 ingredients are just seasonings!



1 lb chopped chicken breasts (raw)
1 lb of chopped sausage (I used conecuh sausage)
1 cup chopped celery
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1 large can (28oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken broth
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp cajun seasoning (I used Tony's)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

I chopped (used the food processor...I hate chunks) all of my ingredients the night before and stored them in separate baggies. The best part about this....I just dumped it all into the crock pot the next morning...AWESOME!!

Here it is just starting!! Cook on Low for 8 hours!




After I got home....

I added the cooked rice (4 cups cooked) to the jambalaya just before I served it. I would let the rice cook with the jambalaya for about an hour next time so it absorbs the last of the liquid!



The finished product!!! Thanks to my bible girls for being the testers!!! I brought some leftovers to work the next day and it smelled so good!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,
    That looks so yummy, thank you for sharing I will have to try it :0)

    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this out on our GA's next week!!! Seems like I will be able to get it all cooked while at work. How many did it feed? Im thinking I may have to double the recipe. So excited!!!

    ReplyDelete