Friday, October 23, 2009

Think Pink

Honoring my mother by looking out for myself.


Help spread awareness!


My mom was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer in 1994. She had a partial mastectomy, radiation, and chemo!!! She is here today to talk about it. She thinks she got "it" from chasing the bug man when she was young. You know how they spray that big cloud of poisons....well, my mom and a few other kids (ladies who developed breast cancer) thought it was so funny to chase the bug man. Maybe...maybe not. Either way, it has been a hard fight....and even though she is "cancer free" there is always a fear that something could return. We have had some scares, but everything has worked out okay. For her 55th birthday in May, I got her the Alabama Breast Cancer Research license tag (the gift that keeps on giving....I told her I would pay the $50 fee each year she renews it). She came up with the personalization on her own!!!




I am so proud of her and I will never forget that her life was spared. She is such a good reminder for everyone to get screened and look out for things that just don't seem right. SOOOOOO.....Mom....at the age of 30, I will begin having my yearly mammograms, starting October 27, 2009! I in no way am looking forward to the "squishing" moment, but I have heard that the bigger the boobs...the less pain!!! (In that case....I should feel Nothing..hahaha). I love you and continue to be inspired by your fight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment