Monday, June 21, 2010

A Girl After My Own Heart

So Sunday was a Great, Miserable, Happy, Pitiful Day!!!

Of course it was Father's Day and we woke up together and had a very happy morning with Savanna. We had all kinds of gifts for Daddy (JC)! Savanna was so excited to bring him his presents (yet she refused to take her picture later that morning).

After opening gifts, JC had to begin packing for yet another business trip. He was gone last week from Wednesday to late Friday night and then he had to leave again at noon on Father's Day. That meant I technically only had Saturday (a good day) with him!! I am almost tearing up again as I write this. I just miss him like crazy. Anyways...after he was packed up we went to have brunch together! We took separate cars because he was heading to the airport after we ate! As we said goodbye in the parking lot I started to cry! When did I become so attached to this man?!?!? I was so (trying all the time) good at being independent...but now....I want him. All of the time!

After Savanna and I got home we had my family over for swimming and lunch!! It was a great family time and the kiddos got to enjoy themselves in the pool. However, after everyone left and I cleaned up....things got really lonely and I got really sad!! Just couldn't stop crying! So after a while of just feeling miserable I decided we needed to get out of the house! Sooo....off to Mexican we went! Savanna loves it...I love it...it was a nice, cheap outing to take up some of the lonely night time hours!!
What can I say.....She is a girl after my own heart!!
(Yes...she is dressed as Cinderella! I'm not a big fan of wearing costumes out of the house...but heck...I was too sad to care and she was happy...so be it)!!

After we got home and I heard from JC, I settled down a little bit! I'm still missing him today...but counting down. Oh how I love this boy....I can NOT imagine my life without him!!

1 comment:

  1. No worries pretty girl we all get like that about the loves of our life! I have been with Greg almost 9 years and married 8 and I still get all teary eyed and sad when he leaves on business trips! That just means you love him soooo and he is lucky to have ya....Savannah looks so cute dressed up and eating Mexican food....Kelcee loves going to the Mexican Restraunt and eating chips and dipping sauce that is what she calls salsa LOL....

    Sounds like ya'll had a fab Father's Day Weekend I like that plate super cute....Kelcee and I tried to make a hand print stepping stone but um it didn't go as planned LOL....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete