Wednesday, June 30, 2010

10 Months To Go!!!

APRIL 30, 2011....2:00 PM

The truth about time...is that I know how fast it goes (or at least I have experienced those moments of..."oh my gosh...it took me 3 years to get my doctorate and I can hardly account for any of that time"...well the exception of a few papers and exams). As much as I cannot wait to get married, I know that I will want TIME to stop on that day! I will want to press "pause" so that we can take it all in....I guess that's what my photographers will do. The advice that I seem to keep getting over and over again is to enjoy every minute. Well....with the exception of the guest list....I have been enjoying it!! In fact, my "Making things happen" fiance has helped me to make decisions, book things, and move on!!! Moving on is that hardest part...I read that once you make a decision about something, place, food, guest list,....you move on. Don't keep researching or second guessing...just go with it!!

Sooo...for the time being we are in a good spot. Everyday of our relationship is not consumed by wedding (not now anyways). That is a big deal to me...that we keep "US" during this entire process!

Here is what we have accomplished!

1. Church booked!

2. Reception spot booked!

3. Band booked!

4. Vocalist, piano, trumpet, violin, and flute booked!

5. Photographer booked!

6. Engaged Encounter booked!

7. Priest booked!

I'd say we are on the right track!! Oh and the other day I did buy some decor for the reception! It was kind of a weird feeling because I was a little hesitant...not about marrying JC...but about all the planning and details "What if I changed my color?" BUT.....my mantra..."Make a decision and move on!"

Here is one little sneak peak....The Church! We are getting married at St. Joseph Chapel on the campus of Spring Hill College. JC is a two time graduate of Spring Hill and the church is BEAUTIFUL!!

P.S. I do have a wedding website coming...just trying to nail down some details first.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on all of your planning! You really do have a lot done. Now, try to relax :) as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents got married in St. Joseph's chapel & renewed their vows there 25 years later. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete