Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm ENGAGED!! The Details.

Bling!!!! Bling!!!

Soooo......here we go!


JC and I have been planning a trip to Destin for a while now. We were going to the Billy Bowlegs Festival in Fort Walton and decided to go down a few days earlier just for a little vacation! We left on Thursday morning (after we had both taken the entire week off just to chill in the new house) and planned to come home on Sunday evening. The unfortunate part about the entire week is that I have been...still a little....terribly SICK! A severe sinus infection and fever....but I was not going to have my vacation ruined! So I toughed it out....Advil, Tylenol, Cold Syrup, Excedrin....you name it! Every 3 to 4 hours a new dose just to get through the day! When we got to Destin we went to the outlets so JC could get a new wallet! He really wanted me to get some new shoes from Nine West (I got 2 pairs but it took every ounce of me to do it). Thursday night he took me to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant and I cried from being in pain nearly the entire meal....I just felt that bad! Worse...I had no taste buds! So the melted chocolate to dip strawberries, marshmallows, cheesecake,....I could not TASTE!


So Friday morning I woke up feeling much better! We had 2 goals for the day (3 I now know) which included going to the beach and having a nice sunset dinner! First we went and rented some chairs on the beach, had lunch at Pompino Joes (a little shack on the beach), and drank beach drinks! Then we went back to the hotel and swam for a while! Just a great, easy, day. We also stopped by a furniture store we saw to buy lamps for our bedroom! It was a picture perfect day with ......GET READY....a picture perfect ending!

Friday night we took showers and got dressed up to go to a nice restaurant for dinner! He never told me where, he just said that he found some place while I was showering! I believed him. (He had actually made plans the week before!). So we headed off to a restaurant called Marina Cafe! It sits on Destin harbor. It was a white table cloth, fancy place. When we first got there, our table wasn't ready so we sat at the bar and I had some wine and he had a drink. Finally, the host took us to our table....where a chilled bottle of champagne was sitting...with glasses on the table! I thought, "Wow...this is nice!" but he has ordered champagne before so I didn't think too much of it! We looked at the menu and ordered an appetizer while I finished my wine (before I started on the champagne)!

THEN....after we ate our appetizer (crab meat on crusted eggplant--taste buds were back) and I finished my wine, I picked up my champagne flute and told him that he needed to "Cheers Me!" We always toast so that wasn't unusual for me....but then he said, "Well, I can either cheers to Dr. Zito or I can Ask you to MARRY ME!" I looked at him for a minute and then I said "Are you serious?" To which he pulled out the RING!!! I was shaking, crying, totally feeling like I was in a DREAM!!!! I said "YES!"



I wasn't hungry for any other course of the meal! Well the chocolate and vanilla mousse was awesome! Everyone around us knew something was going on and as they left that night people kept stopping by our table!


It was just a perfect night and a perfect moment! So he now knows where we will spend every June 4th!

8 comments:

  1. So exciting! I'm glad it was such a surprise. Those are the best kind of engagements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats- I am Soooo excited for you! I LOVE June 4th (thats my wedding anniversary)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops almost forgot- your ring is so pretty, I know you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Excitied!!!! Your ring is soooooooo pretty! I know you are so excited! When you have time, call me and tell me all of the details. I see the counter at the top but I don't have a calendar in front of me - tell me the date so I can make my plans now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeeeeeek you are engaged! Can I say I am super excited and Happy for ya!! Wow what a cute engagement story and what a bling bling of a ring girl! Love it!! Yup he better get use to that restraunt cause ya'll will be going every engagement anniversary LOL....
    Sorry you had the sickies on your trip nothing worse than trying to eat yummy chocolate dipped desserts and ya can't even taste it....
    Your dress is fabulous I love it you look so pretty and so tan and so happy and eeeeeeeeek......I'm excited for ya can ya tell LOL

    Sorry I was late on commenting I have been MIA for a few days and I can't believe I totally missed this post....

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. That's an awesome story!

    Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. popping over from SUYL: HUGE congrats!! Sound like it was a fun time and I am so glad you got to feeling better in time to get ENGAGED!!!

    ReplyDelete