Monday, September 27, 2010

What a Difference....

....A 3 Year Old Makes!!

Our Friday nights are VERY different!!


I must admit that finding the man of my dreams did not necessarily include also finding a 2 year old (at the time)! Most single girls are not looking for a family at the same time they are looking for a man....I was looking for fancy dinner dates, romantic get-a-ways, weekends of sleeping late, and all of that "just the two of us" time!!! I mean, seriously.....what girl dreams of being a step-mother?!?!? NOT most! After all, we all know how Cinderella's step-mother was such a witch...If I think of being thought of as "that" kind of step-mother I am just plain frightened!!



BUT.....with every other weekend that we have Savanna....her and I are building the bond that feels like a mom and a daughter! I love that she comes to me for things and tells me everything on her mind (I understand about half)!!! I love that she finishes her sentences with "Steph" to make sure that I heard her!! I love that I help her put on costumes all day every day!!

I love that she gets so excited she nearly jumps out of the car to see me (when daddy is out of town)!! I love that if she makes a bad choice, my disappointment is enough to make her feel remorseful! I LOVE that yesterday she let me fix her hair without screaming and crying...I reinforced her good behavior with 3 M&Ms!!!



AND...I love that when I told her I was going to marry Daddy.....she said "Me too!!!"



I guess after all.....it was at a child's party where I met JC and Savanna!! Maybe we were destined to be a family!! I know that God has brought us together in what "the world" may see as a nontraditional way.....(perhaps a little harder)...but I trust Him!


Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Steph and that little girl loves you to pieces you can just tell!! I love that pic and you know what they say a pic is worth a thousand words and you can tell you two love each other to the moon and back and of course you love your fiance LOL
    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete