Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful

I'm reading again with my bible group and I cannot explain how good that feels. I agreed to join these girls in reading bible studies the night before I met JC. Less than 24 hours after I was invited to join and agreed (hesitantly), I met the LOVE of MY LIFE. I have learned through our last three books, that meeting him the next day was not just coincidence, but that God had planned it that way! And I am so thankful everyday for that encounter! So, I want to keep this connection with these girls. It feels so good and it challenges me to remember to keep God in our (soon-to-be) marriage!

The book we are reading this time is "Lies that Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free" by Nancy DeMoss. And so far it is great! It really shows how we can become so hung up in earthly possessions and LIES that we forget the Truth! I find that reading and discussing just makes me feel so less stressed and anxious about life in general and especially in my relationship with JC and my family!


I have mentioned before that I was raised Catholic, I am Catholic, and we are getting married in the Catholic church. And though I love my faith, I am learning to be more open to other religions and their ways of doing things....for example....prayers! In the Catholic church we say a scripted prayer that has been written for us for EVERYTHING. Never do we just come up with something on our own! Well...since I have been in this group I have tried to be more open to praying in my own words, or the words God is asking me to speak. In fact, just last night I went to dinner with my family and one of my brothers insisted that I say the blessing! And guess what....I said it from my heart not from some script! It felt really good and I felt really proud!

So today...and during this LOVE month...I want to be thankful! Thankful for the LOVE I have in my life.

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo!!! This post made my day :) Love you! Can't wait for your big day!

    ReplyDelete