Tuesday, January 31, 2012

God, What are YOU Thinking?

Here is a post I wrote about two weeks ago: **I decided to post it today after I read the link you can follow at the bottom!

My new title for it is: A New Perspective

HELP?!?!?!

I have no idea what I am doing....as a new parent. Not to a newborn, I imagine that to be easier, but to a 4 year old. A real, live, opinioned character who has her own thoughts, wishes, and plans! I am afraid I am failing. How do you take a child, who has for the most part been raised by someone else, and make her fit into our lives??? It's different than every other weekend, it's everyday, all day, real life parenting!

I have been around kids my whole life. I've worked in daycares for years...but for some reason this is harder!!

Are my expectations too high?? Do I challenge her more than I should??? Do I instigate problems more than avoiding them?? Do I teach her valuable lessons or am I wasting my time? Does she have enough responsibilities....or too many?? Do I push her too far or do I back down to easy??

I have no FREAKING clue!?!?!

Now read this....

I Don't Want to Raise a Good Child

No comments:

Post a Comment