Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The First Thanksgiving....

....we shared together!



Last year JC and I stuck to our normal traditions as he went with his family and I went with mine! (We had only been dating close to two weeks). However, this year we wanted to be together so we chose to cook Thanksgiving dinner at our house. His family would be with us as mine continued with old traditions...minus me!! But the good news is that Christmas will also be at our house with both of our families!

I didn't take any pictures of people.....silly me! But of food of course.

Let me just say that there were a few mishaps....as to be expected! I even think there used to be a Hallmark commercial about the new daughter-in-law preparing the first Thanksgiving meal for her new family....and well....unlike a Hallmark commercial, mine was not perfect!

The Turkey!
He cooked very well in a cooking bag! What a great technique. BUT...have you ever successfully removed the turkey from the bag???? Us either!! As we tried to remove him....he sort of crumbled. So JC took all of the meat off and we got rid of the evidence before his family arrived!



The Ham!!
On the way out of the oven some of the juice got spilled.....and burned....AND.....

The Casseroles!!
....Were flavored with a slight burnt accent due to the ham drippings!! Only I noticed (supposedly). Some casseroles were flavored stronger than others...but ughhh!!




I guess live and learn and try again next year!! I was so close to creating the perfect meal.....oh well....it is a good story!

No comments:

Post a Comment