Thursday, November 4, 2010

TIME

I was about to write a comment to someone on facebook and I realized that I wanted to elaborate....so where else would I come but to MY BLOG!!! For some reason this thought has been in my head for the last couple of days....

"The greatest and worst thing about TIME is that it passes."

I'm not sure what has made me think so much about this...perhaps it is that my wedding day is getting closer and closer and perhaps it is because I keep planning my life out even beyond our wedding day....kids, family vacations, traditions, retirement....and on and on! Before I know it....I have managed to run out of time.

Back to my quote....maybe the quote belongs to someone else (I didn't look it up)....BUT I did just think it up the other day. Anyways...when I was in school (doc school) I always remember getting very frustrated when something was coming up...a big paper, a test, some reading, a presentation, anything! I would get so mad and just fuss and fuss. One time my mom (well many times) told me just do it and get it done and it will be over! Simple huh? Not so much to me then....but now it's like I know TIME will pass and whatever it was bothering me so much (a paper, a test, some reading, a presentation) would eventually come whether I was ready or not! It would come and go....just like that! No big deal really!

We have all made comments like "I can't wait for Friday to get here...it's payday" or "I'm so ready for football season" or "I can't wait for Christmas" (which by the way comes and goes pretty darn fast). We are always waiting for these events to get here....waiting for TIME to pass!! The best part is that TIME does pass...whatever it is we want to get through or whatever we can't wait for...will come!!!

HOWEVER,...the other part of the quote "The worst part about time is that it passes".....just freaks me out. To know that everyday we live is a one time deal (even the days I fussed about writing papers)....it comes and goes too!! We may not want the good moments, and feelings, and events to pass....BUT, they do! I know we've all said..."if I could just stop time" or "I need a few more hours in the day"....heck I am probably more guilty than anyone. But the truth is that TIME will pass....especially when we don't want it to.

I am not really sure how to conclude this blog....I just felt like it needed saying...


"The greatest and worst thing about TIME is that it passes."

I know that I will never stop hurrying the work week so the weekend will get here.....or asking for a little more time on a Sunday afternoon to take a nap AND clean! It's like a lose lose situation in the good times (can't stop time).....but a win win situation in bad times (time will pass).

All I know is maybe I need to slow down.......nearly impossible in this crazy, wonderful, busy, productive, stressful, blessed life we all want to live.

HE knows.....

Cheers everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment