Monday, November 15, 2010

Nearly One Year Ago......

I met my perfect person!! Last year on November 14, 2009 I met JC....we went out on our first date November 19.

Never did I suspect for one minute that I would run into this amazing man at a 3 year old birthday party!! The story is on my wedding web page! This year McKenzie (my step-niece) turned 4 and of course we were there to celebrate with her....princess style (we didn't have our princess this weekend...she would have loved it)!! I can't wait until McKenzie gets older and I tell her that she is the reason I met JC!

McKenzie blowing out her candle!!



JC and I at the party....in the driveway...where it all began!!
(I know it's a little cheesy but I never imagined this being my story)!

But I wanted to elaborate today on a few more of the details leading up to that moment....a life changing moment!

All of my life I have waited to fall in love, get married, start a family.....FOREVER!!! That is what I have dreamed of and what I felt like I was living my life for......BUT....I was always living for the next day, the next moment, the next year...when all of what I hoped for would happen!!

It took me quite some time to realize that I was living for the future....missing out on today because I could not wait for what I wanted.....in my time, when I was ready!! The key word here being "ME and I." And everyday that I wished and hoped for my perfect life....was a day I was not accepting my life as it was (pretty close to perfect)! I had just defended my dissertation on November 6 (the last step to getting my PhD), I had moved to Mobile to work at the University and be near my family....and yet...I wanted!! Wanted what I was ready for!! I had recently started reading a book trying to find some peace in my life. It was getting better....but I still was not content.

BUT....on Friday night, November 13, 2009 (the night before I met JC) a group of my closest friends had gotten together for our friend's bachelorette party...just a laid back version. I started talking with one of my friends.....I like to call her the Christian girl....really because she is the one who openly and proudly talks about her faith!! Anyways we started talking and I was telling her how I just could not stop....wanting! Wanting more......her and I talked in the kitchen for a couple of hours and she shared some bible verses with me....AND....she invited me to join her bible study on Wednesday, Nov. 18. I was excited....my plans were to get the book the next day and start reading...I couldn't wait to start bible study....this was my answer...turning to GOD (duh...huh?!?!).

So then on Saturday morning (November 14).....feeling somewhat more content after talking with my friend.....trying to not "look" for my version of the perfect life.......feeling more confident in my life and circumstances................... IT HAPPENED!! Just when I let go.....I met him! What I had been searching for...ALL MY LIFE!!! How in the world could this be....I looked to God for comfort....and BAM (no Emeril pun intended)....he gave me what he had planned all along!!

The follow-up to this story is that JC called me on Wednesday, November 18 so we could talk.....I was headed to bible study. I, not being so open,...told him it was BOOK CLUB! Well.....later that night....of course.....he asked me what we were reading? With a little hesitation (and a ton of gratitude towards GOD..who I'm sure staged this whole thing) I opened up and told him!!

........................We went out the next night!!! November 19, 2009!!


....So how are we celebrating?? We are going to Savanna's Thanksgiving program, then lunch,....and if it all goes as I expect we will be watching "Barbie in the Nutcracker" with blankets and popcorn!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment