Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Flower Selection!

In no particular order....here are the flowers that I will have at my wedding! Me and my "soon-to-be" mother-in-law met with my florist yesterday for 2 and 1/2 hours. I had no idea that it would take so long to go through the entire list of everything I needed for the wedding. BUT...we made it and the florist was impressed that I knew just about everything that I wanted. I never wanted to spend much on flowers....in fact it is my skimpiest budget area when compared to food, entertainment, and photography....BUT I thought "what the heck"...let's see what I can get.

There are a few things I think of related to flowers when it comes to weddings....

1. To this day I can not recall what any of my good friends used in their weddings....(except for my best friend) AND I still am not sure what her table centerpieces looked like.

2. As a bridesmaid I do love a pretty bouquet...but I throw them away...for me dried flowers are a thing of the past.

3. They will die....and therefore the money spent on them will technically die too.

4. Fresh flowers remind me of a funeral home. I can't help it....maybe I've
been to too many funerals...but it is the first thing that crosses my mind when I smell them.

BUT........

5. They ARE beautiful!!!! And sweet, and happy, and peaceful, and girly, and cheerful, and perfect!


Sooo...I think I found a good balance between nice and pretty stuff....without breaking the bank!

White Lilies
Sweet Unique Roses
White Hydrangeas

White Alstroemerias

Ravel Roses


Light Blue Hydrangeas
Ivory/Cream Roses


Sweet Akito Roses


White Tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment