Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend

Not too much going on for us this past weekend!! We actually had a weekend with no plans except for what we chose to do! Since JC has been traveling so much our time at home is just what we want! I had cleaned during the week too so I was able to be lazy and not feel guilty (I can hardly do that with my anxious self anymore)!

Friday night we went out to a nice dinner and then met up with some friends for after dinner drinks!

Saturday night we decided to get dressed up and head out......Me as Marilyn Monroe and JC as JFK!! I know it's a little inappropriate but it sure was fun! AND I could not believe that JC was so on board! I think he had fun playing a "President"...with of course a beautiful date!

Sunday afternoon we carved a pumpkin and handed out candy to our trick-or-treaters! It still amazes me about the traditions that each of us brings to our relationship. For example...Pumpkin Carving....this was such a big deal to me when I was little. We would wait to help my dad (mostly empty out the inside of the pumpkin) while he designed quite the amazing pumpkin...usually with ears (Dad's signature move)! JC just views carving the pumpkin as a chore....just one more thing to do! We didn't have Savanna so it was just us....I think that having kids may make some of these moments a little more entertaining. BUT....let me mention that he so took over carving the pumpkin....I think he had fun or at least he was doing a good "husbandy" type thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment