Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reading Again

What a joy to read for pleasure!

So I talked about a book I started reading a few months ago and felt immediately impacted by its message. "Calm My Anxious Heart" has helped me to be satisfied with my circumstances, primarily my desire to want a husband and a family. It has helped me to realize that in "God's time" He will show me what He has planned for me. So as I've been working hard to accept this another book has entered my life (Yes, I still have to pray every night to NOT worry about my future. A little aside...when letting go completely....funny things happen...further development to be discussed another time). This one by way of my friend Ashley. Every time she said the title of the book I never connected to the fact that 4:8 was in fact a bible verse. Yes, I'm new to this quoting bible verses, but still, it never clicked until I bought the book the other day.
The 4:8 Principle is based on Philippians 4:8, "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." This book is about thinking like GOD!! Fortunately for me, though far from thinking like God, I tend to be a positive thinker by nature. I am usually hopeful. So as I work my way through this book, I will be interested to see how much more conscious I become of my own thinking. I am a bit of a day dreamer, wonder if that will be helped??

The funny thing too about Philippians 4:8, is that I have this verse on a sign over the bed in my guest room. OOOO chill bumps huh!!!

Thanks Ashley and more importantly Thank God for putting you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment