Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Reading...well trying!


I have never been a "reader." My mom loves to read and can't get enough but for some reason it is just not a passion of mine. I prefer re-runs on tv or going to bed early. BUT, a good friend of mine has been recommending a book for me to read for a while. She and I are both very anxious people and after reading this book she found some peace, so I decided to give it a try. I'm half way through it, but it is one of those books I flip back to certain chapters to re-read so it's fresh in my mind AND I find myself telling everyone about it and relating it to events in my own life. The book is "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I didn't realize it was so much a spiritual read but I am really enjoying it (not that I'm not into my religion, I just didn't know that was how this book was set-up). Like my title says, I am constantly questioning myself and God, if this is "As Good As it Gets?" I just want to know...I have so many more dreams and desires that sometimes those thoughts keep me from cherishing all the wonderful things in my life at this very moment! Sooo...this book is really helping me to stay focused on allowing God to reveal His plan to me, instead of me being so anxious to help Him out a little.

1 comment:

  1. yeah!!! so excited that youre blogging!!! be warned...its cathartic...and addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete