Friday, October 30, 2009

Ending One Journey and Awaiting the Next

At this exact moment next Friday, Nov. 6, my best friend Shelley and I will each be defending our dissertations.


I began working on my doctorate degree in special education in August 2006 at Auburn University. I have a BS, MEd, EdS, and will have my PhD on December 18 (disclaimer: the number of degrees you have is in no way related to the amount of money you will ever make). I cannot believe it! This is definitely NOT what I imagined or planned for my life. I'm supposed to be at home raising babies and managing a family schedule....but Someone has other plans for me....and I'm learning that my life is blessed. WOW....I'm going to be a Doctor of Philosophy...who would have ever thought that!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment: