Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Dream Program

A few years back I started writing grants for The Dream Program, Inc., a unified recreational program for individuals with and without disabilities. I got connected with Troy, the program's director, by one of my former student's parents. I now serve as an Honorary Board Member and seek funding to keep the program running. We have been quite successful and now that I am living in Mobile, I can head over to Ocean Springs, MS more often for some of the events. I also have a good friend Jenny and a cousin Lauren who participate in the program. All kinds of activities are offered including flag football, basketball, softball, bowling, arts and crafts, canoeing, and several others. Water skiing is in the works now. This past week I had a free Wednesday afternoon, so mom and I took a road trip, first stopping by to visit my grandmother and then to the games. This first picture is Jenny and me playing for the Raiders.


No comments:

Post a Comment