Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween: Family Edition

So since I don't have any babies to take to the local pumpkin patch, pose on a beautiful pile of hay, and capture the perfect holiday picture....I decided I should take my own. Okay....so it's no real pumpkin patch, just the local produce mart (with very few pumpkins left)!! I just couldn't resist.Then, on Friday night I joined in on some family pumpkin carving time. I must admit...carving pumpkins brings back such memories and rules we had to establish when I was young.
1. Each child gets a turn to reach in a pull out a pile of "gooey stuff."
2. One picks the eyes design, the other picks the nose design, and then the mouth.
3. Homework had to be done and dinner eaten and cleaned.
Gosh...I thought pumpkin carving day was the greatest. This year did bring back those memories. I went over to Brad and Mary's to help Papa, GiGi, Bradley, and McKenzie with their pumpkin adventures. It was so much fun!!
McKenzie, Giant Pumpkin, Bradley
Papa and McKenzie and Brad and Bradley working on their pumpkin designs.A little sample of what's inside a pumpkin!My Final Product...I think it looks like me...the personality!!! (yes with a bow)!!!
What a Great Night of Pumpkin Carving!!!


1 comment: